Achieving Extraordinary Holiness Through Ordinary Means. (Jn15:1-17.)
Union and Communion…….
UNION with Christ is the irrevocable WORK of the Holy Spirit.
COMMUNION is simply FELLOWSHIP with Christ. - Communion can be affected by SIN and unresponsiveness to God’s grace. - We who enjoy saving fellowship IN Christ ought to cultivate a growing fellowship WITH Christ.
Holiness through abiding in Christ…….
• We abide in Christ by OBEYING Him.
• WALKING with Christ and enjoying communion with Him involves walking as Christ did.
Pursue communion with Christ…..
• Through PRAYER.
• Through the WORD of God.
• Through FELLOWSHIP with other Christians.
Astonishing realities of extraordinary holiness……..
• SINNERS can have fellowship with a sinless God.
• We can be RECONCILED to God.
• We can be TRANSFORMED from one degree of glory to the next.