Adopted as A Son of God—Part 1. (Galatians 3:26-4:7)
Salvation in Galatians...
• We are saved by GRACE alone through FAITH alone in CHRIST alone.
• The doctrine of justification...
? We are RIGHT before God the JUDGE.
• The doctrine of adoption...
? We are LOVED by God the FATHER.
The Adoptive Father...
• God sent His SON so that we might receive the POSITION of sons.
? Adoption requires someone who comes at the right TIME. • It was the right time THEOLOGICALLY. • It was the right time RELIGIOUSLY. • It was the right time CULTURALLY. • It was the right time POLITICALLY.
? Adoption requires someone who possesses the right QUALIFICATIONS.
• Jesus is fully DIVINE. • Jesus is fully HUMAN. • Jesus is fully RIGHTEOUS.
? Adoption requires someone who has the right RESOLVE.
• He determined to REDEEM us. • He died to RESCUE us.