Care Sacrificially-One Heart and One Mind (Part 2) “They devoted themselves to the fellowship (koinonia)…”
What did the early church have in common?
1. An uncommon FOUNDATION. > Truth #1 from the early church: They BELONGED to each other in Christ. * Sharing in the BODY of Christ—I Cor 10:16. * Sharing in the SERVICE of Christ—2 Cor 8:4. * Sharing in the SPIRIT of Christ—2 Cor 13:14. * Sharing in the GOSPEL of Christ—Phil 1:5. * Sharing in the SUFFERINGS of Christ—Phil 3:10. * Sharing in the LIFE of Christ—1 John 1:3-7.
> Truth #2 from the early church: They RELATED to each other through Christ. * One question for The Church at Pine Drive: Are we ONE in heart and mind?
2. An uncommon SOCIAL concern.
> Truth #1 from the early church: They valued people over POSSESSIONS.
> Truth #2 from the early church: They gave their resources without thought of RETURN.
* Two questions for The Church at Pine Drive:
Is our conservative devotion to the WORD leading to a liberal concern for the needs of the WORLD?
Is our community a once-a-week ROUTINE or a day-to-day REALITY?
“We at Pine Drive devoted ourselves to the fellowship (koinonia)…”
• Identify one way you can EXPRESS deeper social concern.
• RENEW the foundation in at least one relationship.
• Strive to LEAD one person to Christ before the end of the year.